Thursday, March 26, 2009

Eventers are like family.



I spent this past weekend at Pine Top Farm in Thomson, GA. Jake and I had gone there for him to compete his two horses in their Spring Horse Trial. It was a time of mixed emotions for us. It was the first horse trial of the year for Jake, but also the first one without Cleve. We had been to this farm so many times as a family in the past and there are so many memories there. I dreaded having to tell the story of what had happened to Cleve, and God bless Jake, as he tried to head off as much of that as possible. Everyone was so great, they came up to me, gave me a hug and some never said a word. A simple hug and a smile was enough. This was without a doubt the best weekend I have had since Cleve's death. The horses all ran great, with Jake and Mr. Bryteside finishing in 3rd, and Aspurr Luck having clear rounds in Stadium and Cross Country. I had a wonderful time with some of my closest friends; Caren, Marty, Sarah, Tilsa, and Jan. Without these people in my life I don't know how I would have made it through the last few months. Thanks!

No comments: